Passport and Visa Service is not affiliated with any government body. We offer paid assistance with services offered by the government – you decide whether to use us or go to the government directly. You can find all government services at a lower cost on the official websites. Our expertise is to explain the government jargon and simplify the passport, visa or travel card application process. The additional benefits of using us are displayed on all our service pages. You are welcome to learn more about Passport and Visa Service by visiting our Home, Terms of Use and Privacy policy pages.

US Visa Interview Documents

us visa interview documents

One of the most important things to remember when you prepare for your US visa interview is to prepare the additional documentation to take with you.  First of all, you will need a passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application. The second important document is your visa application (MRV) fee payment receipt and your DS-160 confirmation page.
Also, you will need to provide supporting documents depending on the visa type you are applying for.
B-1 / B-2 visa

  • No additional documents required.


C-1/D (Airline Employee, Seaman, Cruise Ship)

Airline Employee:

  • Letter from employer confirming employment and requesting a crew visa


  • Valid contract from the ship owners or letter from the shipping agency

Cruise Ship Crew:

  • Contract from the cruise line orletter from the shipping agency


E-1/E-2 visa (Treaty Trader / Investor Visa)

  • Supplement Form DS-156E, "Part III – Applicant”
  • CV or resume
  • Detailed job description
  • Organizational chart of U.S. operations to indicate whom the employee manages/supervises
  • Letter from the employer giving the number of other recipients of E-1 or E-2 visas from the same firm who are in the U.S. and their positions in the company;


F / M visa (Students)

  • I-20 form (F-visa), signed original
  • I-20M-N form (M-visa), signed original
  • Evidence of payment of the SEVIS fee
  • Evidence of payment of tuition only if attending a public high school:

H / O / P / Q-Visa

  • I-797 form “Notice of Action/Approval” (copy or original)


J-Visa (Students, Exchange Visitors)

  • DS-2019 form (signed original)
  • Evidence of payment of the SEVIS fee
  • Trainees/Interns only: Training/Internship Placement Plan, Form DS-7002


R-Visa (Religious Worker)

  • I-797 form “Notice of Action/Approval” (copy or original)
  • Letter from an authorized official of the religious organization in the U.S. affirming: the affiliation between the U.S.-based organization and the overseas religious denomination,  the duration of the applicant’s membership in the overseas religious denomination and the applicant’s authority to function as a minister of religions.

Please note that your use of our service is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy policy, which, by using this site, you are agreeing to.